Saturday, August 22, 2009

How important is jewelry?

Chains, bracelets, rings, and earrings are more than just pieces of jewelry. They are an extension of who we are and it can describe the type of person who wears it. I love jewelry that is simple and not too flashy. I love gold but alternate with silver. If i'm really in love with a piece of jewelry I will definitely mix it up.  I don't mind following up with color trends but, I don't like wearing what everyone else is wearing. I've never been one to follow the crowd so my styles vary depending on whatever catches my eye. Color is another important part of jewelry. I wear colors that are probably more suited for winter meaning darker colors. That also includes my clothing!

Here are a few of my favorite pieces!
This one is titled Dodecanese. Dodecanese is a group of islands in southeastern Greece in the aegean sea. Although Dodeca means 12 (petals) islands, the group actually consists of 50 islands and islets. This pendant is so pretty and reminiscent of beautiful blue waters. Montana Glass briolettes and Aqua Blue Teardrops wire wrapped with goldtone wire make this pendant/chain just gorgeous!












The Grapes of Wrath
These earrings will captivate and delight your pretty ears! Beautiful colors perfectly mixed for summer days and summer nights! Beautiful amethyst briolettes perfectly mixed with lite green beads wire wrapped together. The ear wires are gold plated and the components are goldtone.

5 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH...gorgeous blue necklace! I bought a similar one in pinks a few weeks ago but i really wanted blue.....now I'm sad I spent the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like those earrings. Little green peridot beads would be nice with the amethyst too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You soiund like me! If I like it...I wear it!

    The earrings are scrumptuous!

    http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much christie cottage!

    ReplyDelete